Sunday 22 July 2012

Second Year of Projects Week 4

I've finished my Basketweave Socks, so I'm definitely on track for my 12 pairs this year.
I'm really pleased with how they turned out, they're really soft and they fit perfectly!
Since those are finished, I've decided to cast on a non-sock project for a bit of a break
This is the start of my Annikin palmikkopipo hat, knit in Fleece Artist River which is a blend of alpaca, merino and silk. It's pretty soft and very warm. Plus it's an amazingly bright red. The only thing is, it seems summer has hit the  UK in the last couple of days,and this yarn is a bit warm to be knitting with!

My parents and grandparents came to visit this weekend, and it was really nice to see them, plus it forced me to deep clean my house from top to bottom on Friday and Saturday, so I'm sitting in a lovely clean and tidy house (for one). We also  decided that we couldn't deal with the garden any more, since the landlord is supposed to mow it and doesn't, so we finally gave in and bought a lawnmower. I have to say, I felt much more like an adult buying that than I did buying my car. We also got a bit side tracked by the plants on offer and came home with a few things to brighten up the house and garden
Some wilting lavender and fuscia, that we hope will brighten up with a bit of TLC.
This is called a Bromelia, and I've never seen anything like it! So I had to get one to live on our windowsill. I also got some very cheap windowsill pots of grow your own herbs to have a try at.

16 comments:

  1. I love the socks, and the swatch for your hat looks really interesting! The bromelia is really cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your socks and that hat just looks gorgeous, its gone into my favourites already...darn that list is growing again lol. Liking the look of that plant, me and plants don't mix, I like to look at them but seem to have a wonderful knack of killing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous yarn for your hat - but I'd probably struggle with the stitches not sliding nicely from sweaty hands and heat!

    A lawnmower definitely says "settled" so it's a much bigger step than a car which says "freedom"! I avoid garden centres myself; there's always one or two plants that I just have to have, and I've completely run out of space in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the socks! The colours are fantastic. The cable is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the socks, they are stunning. Can't wait to see that hat evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ;inky colours you have used for these projects. That hat looks very tricky to me but it will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay....someone pronounce the name of the hat for me..for me, I'll just call it "that hat.." That hat is going to be great in that red... Plants are wonderful..I can't have indoors has the kitties like too eat them..a bit dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your socks are beautiful! I have yet to make socks but one pair is on my YOP list so I'm excited! Yours have inspired me! I bought some half-price plants too that were "wilted" and brought them home and they're doing great so I'm sure yours will perk up with the TLC. The bromeliad is something else isn't it? Wow! It looks like a giant red feather sticking up there.
    Your hat is going to be darling. Another thing I haven't done...cable stitch but at least I recognized it! LOL! I'm learning! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the striping on those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The socks look sooooooooo comfy and the hat start with those lovely cables is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous socks, and what a pretty cable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The socks are beautiful and I love the cable! I can't wait to see it progress. It's sooo hot here too (38 deg in the eastern US) that I've had to put down all my winter yarn. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your socks turned out so beautiful! I´m so in love with those colours!
    I like that cable pattern a lot and the yarn is really lovely!
    I wish you a wonderful weekend! xxxBarbina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your socks are beautiful! The cabling on your hat looks very nice. Good luck with the plants.

    ReplyDelete