Well I've been chugging along on my socks in the evening after placement,whilst I attempt to settle into a routine for the time I'm commuting up to an hour and fifteen minutes each way, which will be until around December. And I have to say, they're going pretty well
The first sock is finished, and it fits perfectly! These are going to be such luscious socks to wear, the yarn is so soft and warm. I altered the toe, because I didn't like to look of the one in the pattern, to a normal kitchenered toe. I somehow managed to forget that the reason I made my last socks toe up was that I am awful at kitchener stitch. I always end up with a set of purl bumps, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. A bit of Ravelry searching later, and I figured out that I was putting the yarn over the needles, instead of under, for each stitch. It took four tries, but I now have a very nicely kitchenered toe!
I still love this pattern. I think it works even better that I expected with the yarn, which is really gratifying. And I'm well on track to get them finished by the end of the month, which is my aim, so I can complete 12 pairs this year. I've been so organised this weekend, and actually crossed everything off my to-do list, which I don't think has ever happened before,so I'm planning to spend the rest of this afternoon playing with my spinning wheel, so watch this space for handspun!