Monday 11 April 2011

All work and no play...

I can't believe I've already been home from Uni for a week, it feels like absolutely forever. I started a new job on Wednesday, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm collecting the census which has involved walking around council estates and knocking on doors warning people they're going to get a £1000 fine if they don't fill it in. I walked for 6 hours on Friday then 8 1/2 hours both Saturday and Sunday and I'm exhausted, not to mention I had to climb 4 tower blocks yesterday. Since I get to set my own hours I'm taking a day off today, to spend with the boy, who's also doing the same job, though less hours. And also because my legs hurt so much!

Only problem is, I still don't get a break because I've got loads of Uni work to do, so instead of knitting I'm making notes on aneurysms and tumour nomenclature. It is not what I want to be doing.

The other thing that's annoying is that it has been lovely sunshine here for the past 4 days (probably the only summer we're going to get in Yorkshire,) and now that I'm not working it's cloudy! But I really shouldn't complain, because at least I didn't have to go knock on doors in the rain, even if I am very sunburnt. (I can burn in cloud when wearing sunscreen.)

I did get a very nice gift though today, from my Mum's cleaning lady, who's known me for years and gave me a knitting needle case with a pair of wooden needles inside. I love free knitting things! But all I've had time to do this week is about 5 rows of knitting and about 10 cross stitches, because by the time I get in at 8pm I'm too exhausted to do anything except veg in front of the TV.

Anyway to spur myself on I thought I might post a picture of my current knitting WIP, the scarf for my boy. As you can see, it's almost entirely black, so there won't be many WIP picture since it'll be very dull. I actually find it quite relaxing to knit since I don't have to think about it, or even look. And if I want something more complicated I can just work on the cross stitch bookmark I've been making for myself since December.

The best thing about this project is the wool. I love it! I'm knitting it in Rowan Classic Cashsoft DK with highlights in Rowan Pure Wool DK and the Cashsoft is absolutely the softest, most snuggly wool ever! And even better its so lovely to knit with! I really want to make myself a jumper out of it, because it'll be so warn and soft, only problem is its so expensive.... £5 for 50g at John Lewis.....

Anyway, back to the clinical laboratory sciences =(

1 comment:

  1. Eh the rest of April is going to be like that for me. All studying no knitting =[ It's gonna suck.

    ReplyDelete