Sunday 13 May 2012

Year of Projects Week 45

I really haven't had much time for crafting this week, as we've been working on Connor's dissertation at every free moment, so I've done a lot of reading and rereading. But I did get a zip in the post for my Pudsey Park Hoodie, so it's finally finished!

Excuse the accidentally sexy pose in the second picture! It fits really well and it's really warm and comfy, so I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it! The funniest thing about it is that the zip I ordered is slightly too long, so if I do it all the way up, it looks like this
I was impressed at how well the sewing for the zip blended into the button band, since I've never actually inserted one before.

Very short update today, and the weird thing is that I now have only one WIP on the needles. It's my Make up Socks and I'm not inspired to work on them, as I've already restarted them 3 times, and my gauge is still off, so I think I might need to go up a needle size and start them again. Not looking forward to doing that, so they're back in Time Out

11 comments:

  1. Take the socks apart! FROGGIE THEM!

    You are doing much better than I am...I still have something like 7 or 8 WIPs. I suppose that's due, in part, to my incessant nature of adding something new as soon as something "old" is finished. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you know on a cold day, you might want to zip it that far up, lol. It looks awesome. Good luck with dissertation

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hoodie is fab, it looks so good with the zip in now, I love hooded things.

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. Aren't zips great with knits? No gaping between buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hoodie look fantastic and I love your belt buckle :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fabulous sweater! I love the cabling. And I'm totally impressed that you added a zipper. I've always zippers totally mystifying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hoodie is gorgeous and it really suits you! I love the colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hoodie turned out great! Wonderful job! But, yeah, zipped all the way only when sleuthing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sings* I'm too sexxy for my hoodie, I'm too sexxy for my hoodie... *LOL*

    I actually LOVE the fact that the zipper goes way up high. I think it's unique and hey, you never know .. maybe it will be a new hot fashion trend!! ;)

    Thanks for stopping by at my website.. the more I wear the hat.. the more I like it.. :) So maybe my head isn't too weird after all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you, on the sweater finish! A cardi for myself is definitely going on my year 2 list of projects. I rather like the longish zipper--you can say it is a design element. :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cardigan is fantastic - I'm so impressed. It fits you like a glove, too.

    ReplyDelete