Friday 4 May 2012

FO Friday - Lace Love

Since my swap parcel has now been received, I can share the Sooper Secrit Swap Projects I was working on earlier this year.

I've been wanting to knit something lacy for ages, but I know full well I'm not a shawl kind of person, so I haven't really had any opportunity to. But my swap partner does like shawls, so I figured this would be a perfect time to try out lace and make something really nice. The pattern is the Ashton Shawlette which is designed for new lace knitters as an introduction to lace. It's an ordinary pattern, but then has several pages of really detailed instructions on how to read lace charts, which were really useful as a first time lace knitter.

The yarn is Spud and Chloe Fine which was in the parcel Renee from Confessions of a Yarn Addict sent me last year. It's gorgeous yarn, and the silk content makes it drape really nicely. I have quite a bit left, so I'll probably pair it with another yarn to make stripy socks, since I absolutely love it!

Lacy close up! I think this went really well, and more lace is definitely in my future

I also made a cross stitch card to go with it. And what better card to send in a knitting swap than a sheep?
I have about 8 patterns of different sheep from this magazine, and I think they're so cute. My plan is to someday make a sampler out of them.

For more FOs, check out Tami's Amis

12 comments:

  1. ooo so pretty! Love the stitch pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty shawl! I love the colour and the stitches, so lovely! That card is so adorable! What a lucky swapner you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love the shawl. I'm a big shawl lover and lace is my new love! The card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl is really lovely! The pictures are great too, I really get a sense of what it looks like "in person." The card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow this lace shawl looks like it had to be done in that beautiful purple and yarn! I love your cross stitch card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lacy shawl is awesome! And the sheep is SO cute. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good :) I'm glad you used it for something lovely and wonderful (not that you wouldn't, mind).

    It looks fabulous. Perhaps I'll finish my shawl one day.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job for first attempt at lace, and for a gift as well. Purple, my favorite color! I still have the thank you card you sent me that you x-stitched. Cards like that mean a lot to the receiving person. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that shawl is lovely, and i haven't made one before as I'm not a shawl person either. i love the little card you have made too!

      Delete
    2. that shawl is lovely, and i haven't made one before as I'm not a shawl person either. i love the little card you have made too!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! And, yes, do a sampler of the sheeps! So cute. I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. See my post about it today. Thanks for all your lovely comments and for being such a positive, consistent blogger. I love reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete