Sunday 6 May 2012

Year of Projects Week 44

I so very, very nearly had an FO to share with you this week. I finished knitting the button band on my Pudsey Park Hoodie yesterday, and my plan for today was to buy and sew in a zip, then it would be entirely finished. After two separate shops at opposite ends of the city, and an hour and a half, I though I had found the perfect zip. I got home and sat down to sew it in, and realised I had bought a closed rather than open ended zip. I hadn't even thought about the difference!

So now I have a useless long grey zip, and I've had to order a replacement off ebay. But I decided to put on the hoodie and take some pictures anyway, or this would be a very boring post. (Excuse the uncut grass, my landlord is supposed to do it, as we don't have a lawnmower, so it gets done about every 6 months)
I love it. It's so warm and snuggly, and it fits perfectly. I've really pleased that my botched attempt at sizing with the wrong gauge worked out so well, as I used the stitch count for a 40" with the lengths of a 36" size. I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it. Plus, it's my first ever adult garment!

13 comments:

  1. I'm rather jealous of your hoodie. It's lovely (and no, we don't mind the grass - at least you don't get nastygrams from the city about your grass like we do).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your hoodie, looks so warm and bummer to the zip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, bravo! It came out wonderfully and looks terrific on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome. Especially the giant cable from top to bottom on the back! Bet you'll never make the same mistake twice with a zipper. I nearly did the same thing a couple of moths ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome! With the zipper, it will be even more awesome. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous hoodie! You did a brilliant job.....it's so annoying when you can't get what you need, I'm so impatient mind!

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should see our grass and we don't have the excuse of bad landlords. Our only excuse is the month long rain! Through hoodie looks great. I wear mine all the time. It's a really versatile garment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that's your first adult garment? It looks fabulous. The fit looks perfect and your cabling superb! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous cardigan! I would wear that all.the.time, zipper or no zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo! Beautiful, lovely, snuggly hoodie :) It will be beyond perfect with the right zip.

    ReplyDelete