Sunday 7 October 2012

Second Year of Projects Week 15

So the Staked socks are finally done!
Although I was not happy with the pattern, I am so happy with the final product! They fit perfectly and I think they look great. And I love the sparkles. They're not the easiest socks to photograph, so just know they look better in real life!

I've also cast on a quick baby blanket with some of the yarn I got from the UK Karma swaps. It was originally meant to be patterned, but the yarn really didn't go, so it's just simple stockinette with a garter border.
It's quite cute, and a really quick knit, so I should get it finished in the next couple of days, which is good since, I wasn't supposed to cast this on. I should be making birthday and Christmas presents....

Very quick post, but apparently we're hosting a dinner party tonight that I didn't know about. One of our housemates from 2 years ago is on Connor's course, and he said she was coming over to do some coursework together. Next thing I know, her and her fiance are bringing wine and dessert. This was sprung on me at 11 last night! It'll be great to see them, but a bit stressful! Need to go buy food now.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous socks! Have a lovely evening - last minute plans are always the best x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet your impromptu evening will be one of those that is just the perfect evening....it so often goes that way, but I understand your stress.

    The socks are great, I like the detail in the pattern, and anything that sparkles is right up my street. Making baby blankets is the best I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks. The blanket is cute too.

    Hope your impromptu party turns out fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting sock pattern texture-wise! Your blankie looks so soft and I am sure it will be a quick knit. Like all the others, I hope your spur of the moment party was great fun! (my post will be up later)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impromptu parties are always the best..enjoy..but do lightly slap or at least roll your eyes at connor..

    the socks look lovely but the pattern is way above my skill level! err..all socks are way above my level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your socks, the just look so cool. Cute little baby blanket and with that yarn I can see a plain stitch blanket prob is best. I hope you impromptu evening turns out to be a blast which is what often happens. I will be posting pictures of the Sabine Jumper in my projects when I have it complete, I seem to be toally useless at posting them as a work in progress but when done I do list anything I've done as a completed project lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the dinner turned out great. I love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the socks. I'm intrigued by the pattern but admittedly a bit scared of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry the socks were a pain, but they turned out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love those socks! I am quite sure there is sparkly sock yarn somewhere in my future. Hope the dinner party went well too :)

    ReplyDelete