Wednesday 18 September 2013

Third Year of Projects Week 11

Well, this is a bit late this week! In my defence, I had an eleven hour trauma on call shift on Sunday, then did ten hours on Monday, so on Tuesday, all I wanted to do was sleep.

The most exciting thing that I have done knitting wise is release the pattern for my Drip Drip Drop Socks.

 photo DSCF3920_zps80e76e79.jpg

 photo DSCF3913_zps15bb96cb.jpg

 photo DSCF3914_zpsaac5c634.jpg

 photo DSCF3896_zps904e9ce1.jpg

I am really proud of these socks. They were knitted as part of my year of projects, but I couldn't share pictures as I submitted them to a magazine. Although the magazine didn't want them, I decided to self publish on Ravelry, and they're my first pay pattern. I had to figure out the stitch pattern from scratch, to get them to look the way that I imagined them in my head, and they came out perfectly. Plus the pattern is really stretchy, so they fit perfectly, and the yarn is really soft and comfy.

I've also been knitting preemie items again.

 photo DSCF4330_zps0daca826.jpg

 photo DSCF4336_zpsac915bab.jpg

Finally my Speleology socks are progressing slowly, the heel is turned and I'm about half way down the foot. I'm trying to press on with them, but I have to say, my attention is wandering. I'm not great at sticking to cabled socks, and I was hoping that cabling without a cable needle would make it easier. I do like them though, so I will persevere and get them done!

 photo DSCF4341_zps73ef42b2.jpg

No pictures, but I've also finished washing my Shetland fleece, and have ended up with just over 600g of fleece to card and spin. Hopefully enough to make a jumper, if I can keep my spinning consistent.

 photo 5825787323_4738d46a99_z-001_zps2ca68ebf.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous socks, and the preemie cardi's are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've added that to my queue...let's see if I ever get there :( I have too many patterns in my queue. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic socks, don't know how the magazine can't have wanted them but yayyyy to publishing they are brilliant, love them. The preemie cardigans as ever are gorgeous and you'll get the other sock done. Looking forward to seeing the fleece.

    ReplyDelete