Saturday, 5 November 2011
Year of Projects Week 17
I wasn't sure about this yarn for the pattern, because the toe turned out pretty stripey, but I've decided I like it, as the purl parts break up the stripes and I love the leafy vine parts in these autumnal colours
I also decided I needed a quick gratification project this week, so I decided to finish on of the WIPs on my list.
Meet Betty the Blob:
Monster Chunks pattern by Rebecca Danger.
Last time she featured on this blog, she looked like this:
According to Ravelry, I started this project in March 2010, so it's well overdue to be finished. It's made with scrap acrylic which came from my Gran's knitting stash and must be about 20 years old, as it's left over from the baby clothes that she made me. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of embroidering toy faces, and I'm also not very good at it, so her face does look a little strange. I think I achieved the pouty effect I wanted though.
You can check out more updates here