Monday 9 April 2012

Year of Projects Week 36 - 40

Since I've finished all my gifts and my Sooper Secrit Swap project, I've been getting back to the boy's Scarf of Doom. I didn't bother to measure it, but it's getting there slowly but surely. I'm aiming to have it finished by the boy's birthday, which is the 18th April. That might be a bit ambitious, but wish me luck with it!

I did get a good bit of knitting time this weekend, as I went to see my parents for 4 days. I had an amazing weekend, I got to see a few friends I haven't seen for a while, went out for a nice meal to celebrate my Mum's birthday belatedly and the boy's birthday early. It was quite clear that even the car didn't want the holiday to end, as I got five minutes away from the house on the way home, and my windscreen wiper broke so we had to turn round and head back again. Luckily the car parts shop was open, so my Dad managed to bob out and get a replacement.

There was an amazing surprise waiting for me when I got home
One of my Mum's friends was having a clear out of the books she had for her degree. She gave me first refusal on the ones I wanted, and some of them are amazing! I've given a donation to her charity of choice in exchange for the books, and I can't wait to sit down and have a proper read.


6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the scarf!

    Lucky you with all those new books too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the scarf, glad you had such a good wkend. I see lots of projects in your future coming from those books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! I love vintage craft books - they have so much cool info inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you'll have lots of inspiration in that pile! I have a stash of Christmas craft magazines that I just love to pore over in the late fall to get ready and make plans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with the scarf, you can do it. Sounds like you had a great Easter and I love the collection of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woo hoo! Scarf of doom nearly finished! Great books too :)

    ReplyDelete