I'm so incredibly pleased with it. The gradient dyed yarn worked perfectly with the pattern, as it changed from orange to yellow at exactly the point that I needed it to. If there had been any more orange, the fill in sections at the top of the chevrons would have been orange at one side of the shawl, and the gradient wouldn't have moved up the shawl properly. I did a lot of complicated maths to make best use of all my yarn, as I had less than the pattern suggested, and it worked really well, though I did have to do a larger garter border at the top than as written. It's come out the perfect size, and it's perfect for summer evenings, because it's very light but still warm.
I realised that I have spun 1/2 of one of the singles in the shawl, the entire of the other, plied them, dyed them, and knitted them up this month! I think I'm mad, and I think I need to go do some housework now!
I've also been knitting a few hexipuffs for my beekeeper's quilt when at the hospital, as it's a really portable project, but it's still going to take ages! I've just tried to knit one with a celtic knot cable pattern on it, and it seems to have worked, so I might release the chart as a freebie next week.
My plan for this evening is to swatch for Arielle, since I'm making it out of cotton, and I think it'll need soaking because it'll stretch and I want to see how much.
So that's my knitting for the week. I've done rather a lot of shifts this week, as I've been on the emergency surgery ward, including an evening shift which is never fun to do as a student!