Friday 10 February 2012

A recap of my aims for the year

I thought, since a month had passed, that I would go back and look at how I was doing on my 2012 goals:
  1. Finish my dissertation
    Well it's done! It was stressful but I'm happy with it. I have my viva (where I have to discuss it for an hour or so) on the 22nd Feb, then after that it's finished with forever

  2. Lose weight
    I've lost 20 pounds since I started in October, and am under 10 stone for the first time that I can remember. I've gone down a whole clothes size, and I'm so much happier with how I look. My stomach is pretty much flat. Going to lose another 1/2 to 1 stone but that's it.So well on the way!

  3. Go to the gym 3 times a week
    Yup done, I've been exercising about 6 times a week (trampoline and running) so I'm very happy and I think it's definitely contributed to my weight loss success. I feel so much happier, healthier and have more energy.

  4. Knit an adult sized garment
    Nope, not started yet. My half finished jumper is still in its bag by the sofa...

  5. No buying yarn
    Well, I did fail on this since I've had to buy more to finish some projects. But it's ok, my stash hasn't increased too much, and I haven't bought any that will just go straight into stash.

  6. Learn to spin
    Done! I just span up the last of my kit last night, and it's getting so much better! This is only 18 yards, as it's what's left of the single I had, but it's about DK weight and so much more even than the yarn I spun when I first started. I still have a way to go, but I'm getting there.

  7. Write more blog posts
    I wrote 10 last month, which is about average really. I do need to write more, but I need to actually have something to write about! It's going alright though, I'm sticking with the blog.
So all in all, 4 good successes, 2 that have been partial successes and 1 that I haven't tackled yet. And it's only February, so not too bad!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! It sounds like you've made great progress on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're doing really well :) Less than 2 months into the year and 4 successes already!

    Your handspun is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I had to go look up what "stone" meant and then convert it to something I understood (pounds)...

    But, other than that, I think I understood everything :)

    Oh, and I didn't actually snap the yarn until it was almost dry because it splattered and was still leaking dye (I have a purpleish blue spot on my white towel that I was using in Little Man's bathroom - oh well, that's what bleach is for). So, it was snapped and it was satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just slaying these goals--good for you! It must feel really, really good to whack that dissertation right off the list. That is a huge accomplishment right there. I'm impressed you've done anything else on top of that, really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You finished your dissertation?? That alone is stupendous! And congrats, too, on your spinning accomplishment. It looks beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your dissertation! Your spinning is lovely. Looking forward to more blog posts!

    ReplyDelete